Monday, April 22, 2013

Judge Shine

Serious Owl will help you parse out triggered abilities.
Well, I don't have much to report since this time last week. I didn't play in any tournaments, but I did something arguably far more important. I took my Level 1 Judge test!

Apparently it's customary amongst the Madison judiciary to invite other judges and/or judge candidates to whatever event the L1 is testing at. Then, everyone else knows how the candidate scored before he/she does. Then, the L2+ makes the candidate sweat it. Futzing around with official judge business, conferring with the TO, etc. The L2 who tested me said that when he was testing for L2, he had to wait while his L3 had to run home to take care of her dogs. So I think I got it pretty easy. I just had to wait for a round and a half, and then review several of the questions in detail .. "So, let's walk through this enters-the-battlefield ability."

Anyway, I passed. With a 100% score. Aced it.

I got my first assignments coming up. I'll be working a couple of the prereleases this weekend at Mox Mania, and I'll be working a PTQ at Misty Mountain next month. Fun!

So yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. :) I wasn't sure if the judge thing was gonna pan out, but these last few weeks, it's happened pretty fast. So I'm looking forward to it! Depending on how it goes over the next couple months, I'll probably try to see if I can get a regular gig somewhere around town. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment