Friday, July 5, 2013

Fiend Blood .. Winning!

Hi everybody!

So this card's terrible, rigth?
So I played at Mox's win-a-box thingy this week, but I didn't get a chance to throw together a UWR deck, so I just played my GRUUL SMASH deck. And a funny thing happened: I found a matchup to bring in Tibalt against! Jund/Midrange! They spend their first 4-5 turns just farting around and setting stuff up and sandbagging their sequence of big dorks. If they let Tibalt live, and I get him up to 6, I'll steal their big dorks and beat them with them.

So, I recklessly looted my own hand, ticking Tibalt up to 5, and then blew up my opponent's brain in his face! My opponent counted out his hand: 6 cards. 6 life. And I couldn't help but to laugh with maniacal (and perhaps slightly unsportsmanlike) glee. The rest of the store looked at me with a mixture of awe and pity. U MAD, MOX?

Unfortunately, the rest of the night didn't go quite so well. I won another match, and lost the other two, finishing just outside "the money" at 2-2 with mediocre tiebreakers (I'm pretty sure the guy who Tibalt burned out dropped after that humiliation).

Aurelia: guild leader in chief? I don't really know what that means.
So yeah, I think I'll put together that MURKA deck. Hey, yeah, it was the 4th yesterday, so ... MURKA!

MURKA.

No comments:

Post a Comment