Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TIMMAH!!1

Hi everybody!

Yeah, so I've been waiting for a particular moment for about 4 years now since starting to play Magic again. Last night I finally achieved it. And ... I'll talk about it in a little bit.

Return to sender.
So! I played Junk Rites again at F and/or M last week. It was alright. I went 3-1. I don't remember the matches I won, but I remember losing to a B/G deck. It was .. kinda controlling? But it had some midrange capabilities, too, with Geralf's Messenger and Thragtusk. I don't remember what went wrong, but I think it was a combination of just enough disruption and steady pressure that did me in. Mostly Geralf's Messenger from what I remember. Jerk.

Also, Acidic Slime is good against the Maze's End deck.

I think I might be about ready to move on from this deck. I'm not sure what to do next. That U/W/R Control deck looks pretty sweet. I love most of the cards in that deck. Boros Reckoner, AEtherling, Sphinx's Revelation, Supreme Verdict, Turn // Burn, etc. We'll see. :)

Okay, so I did something last night I've been threatening to do for months. I finally had an impetus to do it. Namely, my new toy:

Foil, too!

Is this the ultimate Timmy/Johnny card or what? So what did I do with this stupid crazy card? Well, I played some multiplayer with friends last night, and I cast it on turn four in one game. Then I cast this on turn five:

Yummy!
Followed by this:

This one was foil, too!
... devouring a Goblin token, resulting in an 8/8. Cool! Next turn, I got eight Saproling tokens, and followed up with one of my favorite creature of all time:

TIMMAH!!!!1
Pass turn! :D Upkeep, trigger. Each babby dragon eats four Saprolings, and I end up with two 17/17 babby dragons. TIMMAH!!1 Then the next turn I get two more babbys (one of them eating a Goblin token to make it a 5/5, and the other one sadly going hungry). Then she got Terminate'd, and the larger of the babbys all got Angel of Serenity'd. And then I got killed before I could do much else. Frowning face.

Okay, I didn't really frowning face. I was so happy to finally play Doubling Season in my Devour deck. I've been eyeing that card ever since I discovered it 4 years ago when I first put together that Devour deck. But, you know .. $20 card (then $25, then $30). Couldn't really justify shelling out cash for a casual-only card. But  ... recently I just did it anyway. Heck with it. I want DOUBPLE TOKENZ and DOUBPLE COUNTERZZZ. And NOW I HAVE THEM.

*ahem*

Anyway. So what now? I'm taking Tuesday off this week. I don't have a huge burning desire to Standard. I'll play FNM because .. FNM. But I'm not in a hurry to do much right now. It appears that I'll be on staff for the upcoming TCGplayer.com $5K event in Madison, so I'll need to sharpen up my IPG knowledge. I'm also hoping to get on staff for an SCG event coming up in Minnesota. Fun!

Okay, well that's it for now .. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment